The flower has several parts, such as-
Non -essential part-
1. Outer part -- Calyx -------- Sepal (unit of calyx )
Sepals provide protection to the inner whorls.
2. Inner part -- Corolla --- Petals (unit of Corolla ) ---
Petals also attract insects for pollination.
1. Androecium ( Microsporophyll ) ------ Stamen ( unit of androecium )
Stamen is the male reproductive organ .
2. Gynoecium ( Megasporophyll ) ------- Pistil or Carpel ( unit of gynoecium )
Pistil or Carpel is the female reproductive organ.
Structure of Stamen-
Stamen has three distinct parts-
1. Anther - It is the upper swallon part of filament.
2. Connective - It connects anther to the filament and it is made of connective tissue.
3. Filament - Filament is a thin , long and thread like structure . Filament remain attached with the thalamus. Filament attaches Stamen to the thalamus.
Objective questions for practice----
1. The unit of Calyx is--
a). Petals b). Sepals
c). Both d). None .
2. Essential part of a flower is/are -
a). Androecieum b). Calyx
c). Gynoecium d). Both a and c .
3. Male reproductive organ of a plant is -
a). Calyx b). Pistil
c). Stamen d). Corolla
4. Choose the correct statement about Stamen -
a). Stamen is the unit of corolla
b). Stamen is the unit of calyx
c). Stamens attract pollinators
d). Stamen protects a flower in bloom condition
5. Megasporophyll is the one among these is -
Post a Comment